Types and uses of personal information provided to Headsets4U.com. Your personal information may be used in the following ways:
- E-mail Correspondence. Used for customer service and to distribute information about Headsets4U.com new products, special offers, industry announcements etc. to the subscribers to the Headsets4U.com mailing list. Headsets4U.com will not change the way your personal information is used without your consent.
- Security Measures. Headsets4U.com protects the personal information you make available to us. Access to your personal information is provided only to those Headsets4U.com administrators who may need it in the course of their service.
- Information Firewall. Headsets4U.com has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Headsets4U.com control. The Headsets4U.com web site is run on servers located in a secure location and locked in a rack. Host staff is onsite 24 hours a day, monitoring equipment and services.
- Use of Data Cookies. Cookies are small (1KB) data entries commonly sent from a web server to a special file on your computer. It contains the name of the site you visited and information about the choices you made while you were there. If you return to that site, the server requests data back from the cookie. Headsets4U.com web site uses ‘cookies.’ Cookies help Headsets4U.com provide a better user experience by measuring which web site areas are of greatest interest. Headsets4U.com can only read cookies placed by the web server. You can choose to disable cookies in your browser if you so desire.
- Updating Personal Information. If you have submitted personal information while visiting the Headsets4U.com web site, it is your responsibility to make sure your personal information is correct in our systems. Please notify us of changes to your name, address, title, telephone number or e-mail address.
- Opting Out and Unsubscribe. Users are provided the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any further contact from Headsets4U.com. Headsets4U.com gives members the option of contacting Headsets4U.com at any time to remove their information from our database or to stop receiving future electronic distributions.
- Headsets4U.com Internet Protocol Reporting. Headsets4U.com uses your IP (Internet Protocol) address to monitor web site traffic and to help diagnose problems with our server. We do not use IP addresses to personally identify users. Headsets4U.com does use a log file of IP addresses to determine which areas of our site visitors like based on the volume of traffic and on aggregate geographic data. This information is used to better prepare future site content and design based on the interests of users. Third-Party Web Beacons: We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Headsets4U.com web site may contain links to industry related web sites of interest to our visitors. Headsets4U.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites or servers. Headsets4U.com encourages you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) web sites you visit.
- Children’s Privacy. Headsets4U.com web site complies with internet communication guidelines that promote fair information practices and protect children. We do not collect contact information from children. Nor do we entice children — by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity — to divulge any information. Headsets4U.com does not knowingly collect contact information from anyone under the age of 18. If Headsets4U.com learns that it has obtained personal information on a child under the age of 18, the information will be deleted from the database.
- Headsets4U.com encourages parents to participate actively in their children’s Internet experience. Tips for parents to help make a child’s online experience safer: Instruct children never to submit personal information online, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Be aware of the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate. Locate and read web site privacy statements. Know how your child’s information is used.